Friday, May 15, 2009

Pppppp!

I’m writing this with one hand, and Logan is on my lap reaching for the keyboard and smacking at my arm. I’d forgotten how hard it is to get anything done with a baby. I remember it being overwhelming, and I remember having dinner at 11:00 PM because that’s when I got around to it. But I thought, “I’m older and smarter now and I can do it better this time.” Ha! Yesterday I didn’t take a shower because it seemed less important than all the other things I needed to do. Other things I’ve stopped doing: emailing, shaving my legs, wearing makeup.I love having a baby though. As soon as I had Logan I decided I want another baby in a couple of years. But don’t tell my husband I said that. Having a baby would be completely perfect if I had a nanny and a housekeeper. A chef would be good too. Even if I don’t have any of those things, when I look at Logan I can’t help smiling. One of my favorite things is hearing him sigh in his sleep. And right now he’s spitting, making a sound like: Pppppp! I like that sound too.

No comments:

Post a Comment