Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Curtains



We moved when Logan was six weeks old. By the time the moving truck delivered our things to the new house he was ten weeks old. I’m still putting things away when I get a spare minute, but as soon as enough boxes were unpacked that I could move around without climbing over things, I put up some very cute curtains in Logan’s room. His changing table is right in front of the window and he noticed the new curtains right away. They have crazy-looking, colorful animals all over them, like pink snakes, green monkeys and blue horse-like things. At first Logan stared at them while I changed his diaper. Then he started to smile at them. Pretty soon he was talking to them in his own language.
It was fascinating to watch him learn to use his hands. He would bat at things, or reach for them but miss. As his depth perception improved, he slowly learned to close his fingers around things. That’s when the grabbing phase started. He grabs, or tries to grab, everything, just because it looks so interesting. My phone, the remote control, whatever I’m eating, my hair, sunglasses, and all the toys I surround him with. Of course he grabs his curtains too, and right after learning to grab things he started putting them in his mouth. That’s when I started to think I should put everything he owns in the washer, because it’s all made in China.
Following the curtain-eating phase, he started pulling the curtains over his face and just lying there like that, with his face covered while I changed his diaper. When I tried to play peek-a-boo with him, he didn’t seem to get it. For some reason he just enjoyed having his face covered by the curtains.

2 comments:

  1. The curtain is very becoming. ;) At least the curtains aren't made of plastic like they were in the late 50's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Cindy...and those curtains so bright and captivating...no wonder he can't leave them alone!

    ReplyDelete